Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sweater Weather

Today's Ride:
32.0 miles
Bryce-Pima Loop
1 hour 53 minutes
68° of beautiful air

My wife tells me I stink. She's right, I do. At least I do after my rides.

And sometimes before my rides.

I don't wash my bike clothes as often as I probably should so when I put them on before a ride and she is nearby she sometimes reminds me of my stinkiness. I love her anyway.

Fortunately, most of my rides are solo. And because one rides through the wind, one's odor, like the tail of a comet, stays behind one's nose and it isn't something one notices or even thinks about (except when one is looking for a topic for one's bike blog).

When I know I will be riding with others, I try to be more circumspect in my jersey and shorts selection.

My body produces a rather extraordinary amount of coolant which doesn't help with this issue. With warmer weather approaching, I will need to get back in the habit of daily washings.

Ride on (in clean clothes).

1 comment: